tl;dr: The summer expansion nerfs Replicators (mineral compression).
- Reprocessing rates -27.6%
- Ore and ice gain (= value) +38.1%
- make patch profiteering very lucrative as it makes sense to stockpiling ore and ice!
- increase (transport) costs by a lot. How much? Figure it out yourself! Hint:
"Note that the compressed volume is 1/23rd that of the uncompressed minerals." (mineral-compression-illustrated-guide)
- make compression items (Researched compression blueprints) redundant.
- make the Compression Array (replaces the Medium Intensive Refinery) the only alternative to the Rorqual in Highsec.
- likely buff coming, but only after summer expansion.
- compression (Rorqual ore blueprints) is buffed (linked to the +38.1% extra gain).
"... to make it competitive with current modules like the 425mm Railgun ..." (ccp)